- Accepts payment of current Real and Personal Property taxes in person, by mail, by outside lockbox, and
through internet transactions.
- Seizes property for non-payment, in accordance with S.C. Code of Laws, Title 12.
- Plans, conducts and manages tax sales.
- Accepts cash, cashier checks, postal money orders, certified checks, and Master, Discover, and Visa debit and credit cards only.
- Performs pre-sale and post-sale work such as title abstracting and lien holder research, as well as notifying lien holders
as required by law.
- Abates tax penalties, interest, and /or costs for legal cause.
- Sends notification and collects delinquent Real and Personal property taxes and processes delinquent tax payments.
- Processes redemption payments for returned checks.
- Suspends driver’s licenses for failure to pay taxes.
- Accepts applications for change of address, but routes them to Auditor or Assessor.
- Files Proofs of Claim with Federal Bankruptcy courts.
- Issues Tax Deeds.
This Office Does Not:
Paying Real Property Taxes - You will pay one (1) year in arrears. Tax Notices will be issued each October and are
payable by January 15 with no penalty. After January 15 add 3% to base tax amount. After February 1 add 10% to base
tax amount. After March 16 add 15% to base tax amount.
Paying Personal Property Taxes - You must pay one (1) year in advance in order to obtain a license tag. The exception
occurs when you allow a dealer to obtain your license tag; then you will owe taxes within one hundred twenty (120) days.
Office Hours: 8:30 a.m. until 5 p.m., Monday through Friday, except on legal County sanctioned holidays.
Frequently Asked Questions